6.10.05

woo

yesterday i went to the post room at 1 and was given a note from the post office saying Maddie hadnt paid enough postage for the birthday letter she sent me, so i had to go to the post office to collect it and pay the difference (41p) plus a handling fee (£1), but i have to say, after the 25 minute walk into town and 5 minutes finding the collection place (a certain tree in the park. i had to tuck the £1.41 in used pennies under a root, go away and come back in 10 minutes to collect the letter), it was well worth it.

the letter provided a very entertaining read as i walked back to the town centre from the post office. i didnt get run over, but i like the idea of me wandering along, reading the letter, oblivious to the huge pile ups caused by people swerving to avoid me as i walk into the road.

after i'd finished reading i tucked the letter back in the envelope, noticed the 2 bars of chocolate and then tucked the envelope into my bag before doing the various things i had to do in town.
i found an Argos and got an application form, got a birthday card for my mum (next monday...i think....), paid in a cheque and bought Where's My cow by Terry Pratchett. i also bought a Hellboy comic book because it looked good.

oh, yeah, on my way to the post officei passed a bloke and we both double-taked (is that a word? double-took, i suppose...) at each other. i think he must have been the landlord the grapes who stopped me walking to cannock chase, and he might have half recognised me. my theory is backed up by the fact i was walking past the Grapes at the time.

anyhoo, i trudged back to Stafford Court, stopping off at Asda on the way (i bought a loaf of bread and 3 pizzas. i think the till monkey could tell i was a student), then i cooked and ate a pizza and read Hellboy, which was very good.

after that i read Where's My Cow?, re-read Maddie's letter and put her chocolate in my secret stash of food. then i noticed there was a CD in the envelope too...
i bunged it in my PC and pressed play. Thany you, Maddie! i got my own birthday message, just like i sent her one all those months ago.

less than two hours after eating a whole huge pizza, i was invited to join the malaysians with their dinner. we had curry (this time identified as chicken) and something made out of potatoes. i was stuffed by the end of it.

oh, yes...and then there was Lost....
i dont want to spoil it for people who dont have E4, but theres a bit in next weeks episode that....it....well....its just one of the worst things that could possibly happen. and on top of that its episode 11 out of 25/26. we're almost halfway through!!!!
and again they leave us with not one, but TWO cliffhangers....

am going to take Lars Von Treir's The Kingdom over to watch with Sanchia, Rachel, Luke and John later. should be good.

au revoir, people!

SOME OTHER STUFF I THOUGHT OF AFTER CLICKING PUBLISH:
i spent way too much money yesterday morning. i bought the limited edition version of You Can Have It So Much Better....With Franz Ferdinand, a Classic FM CD for mums birthday, the Lego Star Wars PC game and pre-ordered Revenge of the Sith on DVD and Luke's green Return of the Jedi Force FX Lightsabre....
i hope Argos give me a job so that i will have some money....

another thing i just thought of:
i also bought the League of Gentlemens Apocalypse on DVD. go me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like it! And I forgot to say - if you get a job in Argos then you must always, always serve customers in the manner of a small Gollumesque creature of the night. You MUST.

"It's the Narnia of household goods! The TARDIS of toasters!"

Which reminds me, has ANYONE seen the advert for Radio Times with the Dr Who theme tune? Why is it only me who's seen that? (I've seen that one with the apple singing that you keep asking about, by the way.)