2.10.05

♫Its my birthday, my bu-bu-bu-birthday♫

[thanks to Maddie 2 for the little notes....which should be where those 2 squares are....]

right what did i do today?

i woke up at 12:30

opened all my prezzies (a pot of hair gel, some DVD-RWs, An Askew View: the Films of Kevin Smith [book], War of the Worlds [book], THUD! [new Discworld book] and a video player which i havent got working yet)

then i did bugger all till 5 (mostly consisting of reading about Clerks, reading THUD!, hooking up my video player and wondering how the hell i actually watch the videos on screen) when i brought my sea monkeys to life.....i think.....cant reall tell....

because the malaysians had been out all day and i hadnt seen them and had no idea if my malaysian meal was actually going to happen, so at 6 i just went over to Sanchia and Rachels.
i introduced Sanchia to the wonderful art of downloading a trial version of a program and then finding a key to make it the full version online, an then just sat around chatting, drinking a can of strongbow and not really doing much.

today i also discovered that if a treacle tart (in a box) is left on its side for 2 weeks the treacle tries to escape.

its my first real lecture tomorrow, Scriptwriting, at 10, followed by a practical in Film Tech at 11. should be good. im also going to have to go and investigate the washing facilities as i only have the one clean pair of underwear left.

i think the plan for wednesday is to wander into town with Sanchia and Rachel to try to find a job (im going for Argos on Hogies recommendation...and the Laminated Book of Dreams), stocking up on food that isnt pasta or rice based, and possibly general shopping.

but theres also Tuesday too. not sure whats happening there....

toodles people!
-x-

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh duh duh duh...Happy Birthday!

:D

And that's all I have to say.....:P

Anonymous said...

Happy biiiiirthday! I hope you were not too lonely after I had to go. And that my letter turns up, dammit!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the whole thing with me going on about smoking. You just didnt seem convinced that I wasn't addicted the other day.

We just won't mention it anymore.

[huggles]

Anonymous said...

Ok. I have to break my silence (that is if I haven't before--can't remember)to say:

YAY! THUD!!!!!!

How far have you gotten? Has the vampire gotten to the Watch yet? Don't you think Carrot is THE SHIZZLE?

Ok, sorry. I get a little excited when Vimesy is involved. But anyway, I found your blog off of James Henry's comments a few weeks ago.

Have been lurking ever since.

Anonymous said...

ah, fresh meat!

i finished THUD! last night and it was bloody good.

the only thing i didnt like about it was that it made me want to play the game THUD! and i left my set back home. will have to get my parents to bring it when they visit in a couple of weeks time...

Vimes is my favorite too. am going to get Where's My Cow? tomorrow.

oh, and i like your picture. deppy featured it on her blog a few weeks back. im nicking it for my image on YIM...

Anonymous said...

^ Just to let you know, (have you read Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett), my dad played Vimes in that when they performed it in my theatre group. Oh yes. And he'll be playing him in Men at Arms next year, hopefully.

Anonymous said...

DUUUDDE:
Is that my Dad?
It goes 'buggrit buggrit buggrit'
No! That's not my Dad!
That's Foul 'ole Ron!
(Or something to that effect.)

*et hmmm--SPOILER*

My favorite part has to be the end. I can just see Vimesy screeching and stumbling through all the dwarves, screaming, "IS THAT MY COW!!!"

WHOOO!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I've read Guards! Guards! and Men as Arms. And, actually, quite a few others....

Is it bad that now I say words like 'buggrit' and 'wossnames' even though nobody here knows what they mean?

Ok, I'm sorry for the ramble, but I just got off of work: this is stress relief.

Anonymous said...

Men At Arms*

Anonymous said...

This would be lurker #2 coming out of hiding. Nicole sent me the link to your blog as she said seemed rather similar to mine. Also as she may slightly be floundering about making an ass of herself, I am going to jump in here. Am also a huge Pratchett fan, in fact is my fault N has become an addict, but as am on a hilltop in a rather redneckish town, where the closest thing to a bookstore is in a mall bout 20 minutes and 5 mountains away...alas no Thud for me. But N is filling me in with all the lovely Vimes comments. So with that...
-Mandie

Anonymous said...

Welcome all weird lurker people! anyone else out there? :P

i did have something else to say, but i cant remember what it was...

i hope Terry Gilliam can find the funding for his adaptation of Good Omens...

if i ever become a director i want to make Guards! Guards! then work my way through the Watch books.

Vimes rules.