16.10.05

ok, so i havent blogged for a while....

cant really remember what i got up to last week either...

i did buy two more force FX lightsabres, one Mace Windu one for Marky Mark, and a Darth Vader one for Muscat. i think they might be slightly happy with them...

oh, yeah, on thursday i went over to Sanch and Rach's flat to give John a CD, then found myself in the student union bar dressed as a jedi with Sanchia dressed as some army type person, Rachel dressed as a policewoman and John in a bullet belt and an eyepatch ("what? have you never seen the Scottish RSPCA?").
it was some money raising thing for the uni rugby club. me, Sanchia and Rachel went through to Legends, which is the club half of the SU bar, where Rach had a great time and me and Sanch got a bit bored, although my lightsabre did prove quite popular. unfortunately mostly with guys though.
also at the rugby thing were many doctors and nurses as well as loads of policemen, a group of 70s american cops, the three musketeers and a couple of teenage mutant ninja turtles.

yesterday my parents arrived at about 10.15. we went into town and found a nice cafe where i had a duck lieing shredded in a pancake, soaking in the hoisin of your lies. after that we went to asda where i managed to get my parents to pay for £50 worth of shopping. should last me for a few weeks :P
then we went to the B&B my parents were staying at for the night and had a look at their room. they did have tea and coffee making facilities, but unfortunately there was no trouser press. then we went across to where the resteraunt was and had mussels. yummy.
they brought me home about 9ish.

this morning my parents wanted to go to some boring national trust house, but i complained and so we went to see Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. which was fantastic!

to start off with there was a short film about the Penguins from Madagascar, which're easily the best things in the film, so getting a whole 10/15 minutes of them was great. then it went on to the proper film.....
if you're a fan of Wallace and Gromit (lets face it, who isnt?) you're going to love it. cracking jokes, great sight gags, hilarious references, and a storyline full of twists that is also very moving. and a surprisingly scary Were-Rabbit transformation too.

go see it. NOW!

the only thing about it that i didnt like was the adverts at the start. seriously. they were a combination of Linda 'please kill her now' Barker talking about sofas, car adverts and washing powder adverts for the parents and adverts for kids that made you embarrassed on behalf of the people who made them, especially that one that could NOT have been more pink if it had been made somewhere very pink for a 'way cool' cartoon on DVD about 4 stick thin women with names like 'chelsea' that had no purpous other than to make small girls want dolls of said stick thin women with names like 'chelsea'.

but dont let that put you off. go for the W&G goodness!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shocked at the lack of trouser press. Absolutely shocked.

But!! Just went to see "Wallace and Gromit and the Curse of the Were-Rabbit" (it really irritates me when the man on the Sky One advert says "wear-rabbit". It really is a channel run and watched by idiots alike. I discount myself in this statement.) It was brilliant. Couldn't fault it. There was that classic bit where you think everything's gone wrong for W and G and they both cry a bit - but then it's all alright in the end. For some reason, the bit where Wallace blows a raspberry out of the window at Lady Tottington (that's "Totty" to you) really made me laugh. Very hard. For some time. I don't really know why though. Maybe I just like very puerile humour..

Anonymous said...

And I was equally amused by the the fact that all the characters were named after something to do with vegetables, which, again, isn't particularly sophisticated humour... "What's that, Mr Growbag?"

I liked the little penguin film although I feel I might have understood it a bit better if I'd actually seen Madagascar. Still liked it though. But why are all the penguins American except one?

I saw that documentary today as well, I really don't know what was going on with the "weer-rabbit" thing. You'd think someone would have told him he was saying it wrong?

Anonymous said...

some people pronounce it 'weer'. i dont know why.

weerwolf, werewolf, weerwolf, werewolf, weerwolf, werewolf...

meh

"kiss my ar...tichoke"