9.10.05

i am in pain...

friday night Maddie made me stay up rediculously late by being on Yahoo messenger and forcing me to watch the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie and Shrek 2.
anyhoo, i got to bed about 3 or 4 am and as a result, didnt wake up til 1 in the afternoon. i dragged myself out of bed, remembered that i didnt have anything to drink other than dodgy tasting water or Strongbow, so i dug out my free sample of Shark Stimulation drink.
wasnt really to bad. couldnt place the flavour though. possibly shark...

i didnt really notice any sudden burst of energy, but i was out and on my way to Stafford surprisingly quickly. when i arrived i took my application form to Argos, got some wrapping paper for mums present then went round to the O2 store to ask why i couldnt upgrade my contract online. i was going to do it in store and found a great Sony Ericsson handset, but then found that because its in my mums name she has to be there to upgrade it. good job my parents are visiting next weekend.

then i went to Ottokars to buy 2 more Hellboy books (they really are very good) before heading round to Asda. the one and a half mile walk from Asda to the university seems so much further when you have to carry three heavy bags of shopping and you only have two hands to carry them with...
as a result i now ache from my left elbow, up my arm, all across the top of my back and back down to my right elbow.

oh, yes, in stafford i was approached three times by women asking me to donate money to starving children. that got me thinking......every single person whos acosted me in the street to try to get me to give money or convert to their religion or whatever has had a german accent.
those two or three women yesterday (the third one might have been one of the first two trying again, but im not sure), the "hey, nice shoes. you like walking?" monk, everyone! i wonder why that is.....?

in the evening, after i'd read both my new Hellboy books i bought another 2 and the DVD of the film from Play.com. i hope i get this job at Argos. im starting to run out of money for buying rubbish with.... i still need to get 2 birthday presents and everyones christmas presents this year....

i think the rest of today (woke up at 12) is going to be spent doing bugger all, cos Rachel is still in Manchester and i think Sanch might still be in london. oh yeah, gotta wrap mums present and get it all ready to post. should probably vacuum too....

oh, yes...my new wallpaper:


UPDATE:
have just found the website for the cinema in town. i think im in love. not only do they show current films like Wallace and Gromit or Corpse Bride, they also show old stuff like the original Japanese Godzilla movie and obscure stuff like Ghost in the Shell 2.

however...the best thing on their coming soon page is.......Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story! a feature length Family Guy...........thats so good i cant put it into words.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you actually do any work on your uni course?? ;-)

Anonymous said...

^ Haha..I mean, uhh...aww :P

Said I'd post here. No-ones posted on my blog for a week (including YEW!) but am posting here.

Told you the shark-flavour drink would be good. Clearly, anything shark related is cool.

Liking the new background, looking good. You REALLY like Hellboy don't you? Well, come to think of it, I can't complain - guess who's on my desktop...

Oooooh Wallace and Gromit and Corpse Bride look FAB! Another Tim Burton film - let's face it, the guy can't go wrong.

Aww damn you're not on YIM...will talk to you soon [huggles]

PS Post on my blog, dammit! [pokes]

:P