17.6.06

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!

its too hot.
im fed up of living in a house thats half filled with boxes and half in need of plastering.
i miss Andrea.
being back at McDs is hotter than working in the centre of the sun. the novelty of being back, which lasted several shifts last time, wore out about half an hour in. and THEN i have a 30 minute walk to get home. i hate it.
my throat hurts. it hurts every time i swallow or yawn. i think my tonsils are a bit swolen too.
i havent slept well in a while and get woken by the sun when it rises at 5 am every moring.
i keep getting headaches.

but!

Andrea is on her way home today, so ill be able to see her the first day McDs lets me have off.
next week im planning on trying to find a job in Drayton which doesnt involve hot grills or a 30 minute walk and does involve air conditioning.
ive moved my bed to the opposite wall so the sun doesnt wake me up any more, just the throat.

seriously though: i just looked to see if there was a maximum temperature that people were allowed to work at. i couldnt find one, but it turns out that on my shift last night i did have half the symptoms of heat stress.
they could at least get someone in to fix the air con.

im going to collapse on my bed with another pint of cold water and a couple of paracetamols for half an hour before i have to go back to McHell for another 5 hour shift.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that I have an image of you working somewhere very hot, with lots or fire, molten lava and lots of red people with horns and whips...?