29.9.05

Blah

hum....havent blogged for a while so id better do one now.

what have i done since Evil Dead Danger Mouse?

well yesterday i had my first Film Tech lecture and found that my lecturer for that is like a blonder, thinner, less bearded Ricky Gervais. and less of a twat too.

he kept saying 'erm' every few words (except it was pronounced more like 'aaahhh-um') i wonder if he can say that more times in an hour than Mr Parsons record for saying 'right' in physics (back at GCSE level when it was fun).
i seem to remember that the one time we counted, Parsons said 'right' 174 times. thats 2.9 times a minute. im sure my lecturer could beat that.

after that i think i went back to my room and just spent the rest of the day on my computer and watching DVDs...oh! yes. at 12.30 i was meant to be having a meeting with my personal tutor. i got there for 25 past, waited outside til 1, then eventually got in and was there a whole 2 minutes, which was slightly annoying.

in the evening the Malaysians brought back the Omen and borrowed Peter Jackson's Braindead. am hoping to get them onto the Evil Dead trilogy soon. i also had a good conversation with them over eggy bread and a glass of some sort of tea.

this morning i dragged myself out of bed to be in F14 at 11 for my first lecture in Digital Image Production.
DIP roughly translates as 'How to use Photoshop' and the introduction to it would have been a whole lot better if hed just opened Photoshop and pointed out what everything did on it instead of putting it all into a Powerpoint presentation.
he didnt even show the presentation as a slideshow! he just opened Powerpoint and scrolled through the slides on the bit where you edit them!
plus he had a monotonous voice which didnt help. the Irish accent made it slightly more interesting.

after that i got a Ginsters spicy chicken slice for lunch and went to the post room. Rachel was about 5 people in front of me. we waved and said hi, but were slightly too far away to talk properly. i didnt want to push in front of the people between us and she obviously didnt want to lose her place. so i didnt really get a chance to tell her about my idea to do something for my birthday with her, Luke, John, Sanchia and Aiden on Saturday.
the annoying thing was i didnt even have any post.

oh, yeah, on the way into the post room we got given bags of free stuff from the student union.
inside were two Pot Noodles (im not a huge fan of them any way, and these are Southern Fried Chicken flavour, which seems a bit weird), two packets of Pepperami instant noodles (hot and spicy flavour. hopefully nicer than the BBQ ones i had) , 6 Brylcreem Gel Shots, a can of Shark stimulation drink, a can of Rubicon (some sort of fizzy mango flavour drink), an incredibly tiny bottle of Lynx shower stuff and two condoms (which will come in very useful if my luck ever changes...perhaps thats what the Lynx is for...)

then i went on the net for a bit and was going to go over to Sancia and Co's flat to make my suggestion for saturday, but i lost track of time slightly while playing The Sims 2, so its a bit late for that.
tomorrow i have no lectres so im going to go into town, buy some more bottled water (the water here tastes funny....) and a couple of thin white jumpers and another black one (for some reason i've started wearing them under my T shirt) from George of Asda ("who art thou, George of Asda?"), get a beef Deli from McDs, walk back (hopefully not via Cannock Chase) dump my stuff and then go over to Sanchia and co's.

the Malaysians have said that they are going to cook a selection of malaysian food for me on my birthday, which i thought was very nice. hopefully the food will be too.

speaking of birthdays, yesterday the instructions for opening my locked bag came. it was marked 'not to be opened until 02/10/05, but i have already read them.
the reason i've read them was because two presents also came in the post and i wanted to hide them in my bag, out of the way, because if i didnt they would have tempted me and i would have opened them...

ttfn, people!

EXTRA BIT: just read the following in this months Discworld Monthly

Do you happen to have a spare 15 million USD?It appears that American investors won't raise that amount to makeGood Omens. Terry Gilliam has been offered 45 million USD from theinternational community but it appears that American investors don'thave the confidence to back Gilliam due to his shaky track record.For all his brilliance some of Gilliam's films never got finished orwent horrendously over budget - Quixote and Baron Munchausen forexample. Gilliam wants to cast Johnny Depp to play Crowley and Robin Williams to play Aziraphale.

i think im going to cry. Good Omens is my favorite books and Gilliam, when he actually gets to make a film, he makes em good. my only problem is Robin Williams as Aziraphale. he needs to be british. Julian Rhind-Tutt would be good, but hes not quite old enough...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

^ Umm..what he said...?!?

Ohhh! Did I hear the words Joh...no wait, I must not mention him because I am NOT obsessed...:P Anyways, don't worry about Robin, he'll be able to do a british accent...I think?!

I really must read some Terry Pratchet stuff - I've seen Guards! Guards! acted out and should be seeing Men At Arms next spring/summer (with my dad acting as Captain Vimes...again!) and I've lent my friend quite a few films so I may be able to get some books off her :D

Am I talking bollocks now? I can hear family talking and the telly and can't concentrate. But then again, when do I not talk bollocks? Yes, utter dogs bollocks.

Can you say bollocks here only now I've said it three times and it may still be there? Four times even. OK, I'm not that interested about bollocks, I'll just go now....

H x

Anonymous said...

Firstly,
"in physics (back at GCSE level when it was fun)."
I don't know what you did for your GCSE physics course but fun isn't the first adjective I'd rush to associate with our lessons. Although maybe this is because I always think that our teacher has a slightly manic look in her eyes, as though she could turn any moment and chop you up with a meat cleaver. If she happened to have one handy...

It all sounds jolly good fun though. Especially the free stuff. Btw, what are the McDonald's Deli sandwiches like? Because I've been deliberating whether to try one or not after seeing the advert about 207 times in the last week. (But never the long version! Why don't they show the long version anymore?!)

Lastly, respect for the JRT mention. *respectful chav fist gesture* He's been out of the limelight too long. I'm starting to forget what he looks like! Hahaha no I just remembered.

I've got to read chapter 13 of To Kill a Mockingbird now.

Ta-rah.

Anonymous said...

well it was fun compared to AS level physics.

plus parsons was a legend. he was about 160 and had a great sense of humour. plus my friend Grant once saw him in a shop that sold books on the occult ("never mess with the occult!" "isnt that good for you? good for your digestion?" "thats Yakult!") and other weird stuff like that.

i heard he retired because he hated the class he had after we left.

i've only ever had the Sweet Chilli Chicken and the Beef Melt Delis and they are both fantastic. go and eat one of each. NOW!

Enjoy Mockingbird!

Anonymous said...

I'd have a deli thing if I hadn't vowed never to eat McDonald's again, and also if there was actually a McDonald's somewhere near me.

I started a Terry Pratchett book once but never finished it. But you knooow I will watch anything with JRT. Except I don't think he'll be in it so never mind. What happened to The River King?! That was meant to be out in spring!

I wish my Physics teacher was interesting...