11.9.05

Ba-da-ba-ba-baa, Im Leaving it!

yup, thats right. i only have 5 more shifts until i go to Stafford, and then (hopefully) i wont be grill monkeying until i come back to Pompey in december! if i can find a McDs in Stoke that isnt a franchise i will apply there, but i will also be applying at various other places that will be more suited to a geek like me (eg, Blockbuster or a DVD shop or something. im hoping for a collectable shop but not holding my breath)

oh, and yes i did say Stoke, hence the first reason why i was pissed off (until i read Maddies wonderful blog. go have a look.)
i got my Halls of Residence offer yesterday. my halls are at the Stoke campus. i am studying at the Stafford campus. this means that i will have to get up fucking early and catch a bus fuck knows how far to get to uni.

the only reason i didnt get a place at the Stafford halls is because i didnt return my halls application form before 30th july. and the reason i didnt return it? BECAUSE THEY DIDNT FUCKING SEND ME ONE TO RETURN!
Mum is not happy. shes going to phone them up and complain tomorrow. shes very good at complaining about things. we got £50 worth of Mars Bar vouchers just because they had put the tray of chocolate in the advent calendar upside down so you couldnt get to half of it when you opened the little doors.

and the other reason i was pissed off? last night i had a close at work, which i dont really mind, and we didnt finish til 2, which doesnt usually bother me that much, as long as Hogie, Maddie or Deppy are still awake to text me and make me happy. However, Colin is now 18, so can work after midnight. i had to put up with him acting as if he is the only person in the building with a brain cell and treating me as if i have the IQ of a retarded ant for a whole extra 3 hours. and because im more tired on closes than usual, it takes less effort to get me annoyed. if we'd been there any longer he would have died. it didnt really help that Jim was there too. hes a bit of a twat.

anyhoo, im looking forward to next saturdays close. its my last shift before uni, its Donnas close so she wont be working us too hard and get on really well with all the other closers (Leo is there, but hes been 'accidentally' touching my arse less recently so he might be alright). im planning on putting together a CD for the party/possibly BBQ im having for my friends on weds (very random mix: Faithless - We Come 1 to Europe - The Final Countdown to Benny Hill - Ernie (The Fastest Milkman in the West)) so i may take that in to play on the close too.

today is my last shift with the lovely Jennifer as she has all next week off. Jen is really annoying. She acts like she likes me (the other day i was making up presets for the new deli sandwiches and she came over to help me while she was on her break, several times i've looked up and seen her quickly looking somewhere else. and she has said "i love you, matt. youre so sweet" at least twice) and she is very attractive but she has a boyfriend, which is the annoying part.
the other day i was getting changed out of my uniform at the end of my shift in the crew room because someone else was in the changing room. Jen walked in at the exact same time i took my trousers off, saying "ooh, hello". once id got my jeans on i told her about going to uni and she was very "ooh, wow, thats great, good luck, etc". im going to miss her at uni, but never mind i'll be back in 3 months...

oh, yes. more from Maddies and Deppys blogs: 20 Facts About Me
1: i dont like mushrooms
2: i own 58 normal DVDs and 10 box sets
3: i have 76 videos containing over 200 films
4: i still havent got round to watching 32 of those films
5: i was addicted to The Sims for several years
6: i have only ever kissed 1 girl
7: i have only ever had 1 girlfriend (lasting 3 months)
8: the gf was not the girl i kissed (gf was really religious and the kissing was long after the 3 months)
9: i love thai sweet chilli sauce
10: my top 3 directors are Sam Raimi, Peter Jackson and Kevin Smith, but not neccessarily in that order
11: my favorite book is Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen
12: i have a spork somewhere in my bedroom
13: Chinese take aways are the best
14: i think Milla Jovovitch and Zooey Deschanel are the two fittest actresses around
15: i dont get why people like Angelina Jolie. her mouth is all wrong.
16: i dont eat breakfast
17: my favorite Fast Show sketch ever is the Ted and Ralph drinking game. Ted...tomato...your...aubegine...wifes...potato...dead...
18: its very hard to think up random facts about me
19: i started writing this blog an hour ago
20: i hate the Smurfs

See you in, Zurich!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww I'm sorry that I wasn't up last night but I had to go to bed because I'm really tired all the time now (damn school). Well I am very glad that you feel better now, chin up.* Good luck with your mum complaining, I hope that they try to sort it out.

*I have never said this in my life before

Anonymous said...

Complaining about Advent Calendars and getting £50? Reeesult! Hope it all turns out ok - wow you go to uni in a week! If you're still nervous, [huuuugs and all that jazz] for you. It'll all be fine - remember your first weeks of primary/secondary? It'll all turn out ok, don't worry.

What do you mean you don't get why people like Angelina? When she smiles, her lips and teeth look great - http://www.1coolcelebspot.com/images/Angelina_smile-136x185.jpg

See what I mean now?

Plus, she's one person who has really saved children's lives through charity - she's ADOPTED two children. That's real charity IMO. And she's fabulous in Girl, Interrupted (no disagreeing)

Anonymous said...

^ Just realised about a minute after, if that Angelina bit sounded a bit like harsh-tone, it wasn't...

[hugs]

Anonymous said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here