12.9.08

Further Correspondence

as it had been a week and i hadn't heard anything i sent the following email last night:

Dear Jane

With reference to the email I sent last week, I wonder if you are still looking for someone to fill the position of photographer.

I am still very interested in this job and would like the opportunity to discuss it further, particularly if the reason you have not replied is the difference between the salary you have available and the one I suggested.

Gaining experience in a job where I use the knowledge and skills I learnt at university is more important to me than the salary at present and so I would be disappointed if this was the sticking point.

Please would you let me know the current situation regarding this vacancy and the salary you would offer a suitable candidate.

Yours sincerely

this morning i received the reply:

Hi Matthew – sorry not to get back to your earlier but we had a tremendous response to our advert. Unfortunately you have not made the short list, however I will keep your CV on file should any other opportunities arise.

Thanks for your interest and every success for the future.

Jane

oh well....back to the drawing board. it would have been good to have some feedback on why i wasn't suitable and if my salary is reasonable or not, but never mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

try tescos