14.1.06

Im Back in Staffs

so heres a film related viral questionairre:

ONE (1) earliest film-related memory:

im ashamed to say....going to see Mrs Doubtfire at the cinema.

TWO (2) favorite lines from movies:

either "im a Derrek, and Derreks dont run" or "its Derrek! and hes gone apeshit!" from Bad Taste

"good....bad....im the guy with the gun" from Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness

THREE (3) jobs you'd do if you could not work in the industry:

sculpter.
second hand bookshop owner.
cartoonist

FOUR (4) jobs you actually have held outside the industry:

erm...ive only ever worked in McDonalds

THREE (3) book authors I like:

Robert Rankin
Terry Pratchett
Douglas Adams

TWO (2) movies you'd like to remake or properties you'd like to adapt:

the Brentford Trilogy by Robert Rankin, although technically thats 7 films :P

Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, but hopefully Terry Gilliam will get a chance to do that first

ONE (1) screenwriter you think is underrated:

erm.....i dont really know of many screenwriters. perhaps if they werent underrated i would have heard of them...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ONE (1) earliest film-related memory:

Umm..The Lion King I think (don't poke me!)

TWO (2) favorite lines from movies:

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone."

"Everything's the same even if it's different" [I Heart Huckabees] - just something that stuck in my head that got me thinking and is pretty memorable to me...

THREE (3) jobs you'd do if you could not work in the industry:

Journalist/Writer
Linguist
Umm..Psychologist?! Hmm...well I dunno..

FOUR (4) jobs you actually have held outside the industry:

Umm none but I do theatre work sometimes - backstage and on stage. That count?

THREE (3) book authors I like:

Terry Pratchett
Shakespeare
Umm..I don't actually read much..

TWO (2) movies you'd like to remake or properties you'd like to adapt:

Would like to do something in the structure like Pulp Fiction - liked a storyline that's been mixed around a bit.

Something like Girl,Interrupted...ok, No I don't really want to tag off other films to be honest. If I do a film, I'd Rather do my own material tbh.

ONE (1) screenwriter you think is underrated:

Screenwriters - have to look up that to see what it actually is..

Anonymous said...

pesky spammers

Anonymous said...

*)

Anonymous said...

Hey just thought I'd post to see how you are, as I was thinking bout you today.

So uhh..how are you :P? I may PM you tomorrow but I just wanted to say hi and ask you how stuff is. But I may PM you tomorrow...I dunno...

(oh and I'm Drumknott and a servant in Men At Arms! Not much, but as I found out I have exams either that week or the week after, I think I'm pretty satisfied lol.

Miss talking to you and hope your ok [huggles]

deppy x

Anonymous said...

ONE (1) earliest film-related memory:

Village of the Damned (B&W original without the glowing eyes) - scared the crap out of me

TWO (2) favorite lines from movies:

"My mule don't like you laughing, he gets the crazy idea your laughing at him" Clint - Fist full of Dollars

"Thanks for the honesty, No fuck off and die," Clive Owen - Closer.

THREE (3) jobs you'd do if you could not work in the industry:

I've like had a million jobs before I finally settled down and started trying to be a full time writer so then I'd need to be what:

A Secert Agent
A Super star
A jet set millionair..

Basically anything that gets me lots of women...

FOUR (4) jobs you actually have held outside the industry:

Fuck... Loads okay!

THREE (3) book authors I like:

Larry Niven
Nicci French
Tom Sharpe

TWO (2) movies you'd like to remake or properties you'd like to adapt:

The Great Pursuit - Tom Sharpe... Probably un-filmable

Any of the last three star wars movies... Because I'd want to put a script in there to see if it would make a difference...


ONE (1) screenwriter you think is underrated:

Philip Marber